Apologise (was: Re: IF STATEMENTS)

Markus Schaber use-net at schabi.de
Tue Oct 23 17:15:12 EDT 2001

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:46:27 -0700, "John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net>
wrote:

> I saved it and looked at it, using Outlook Express. There is no text
> between the header and the
> first boundary delimiter. It appears that OE may be being overzealous
> in its attempt to protect you from viruses - even though it says txt,
> it still cautions me
> that it may contain harmful stuff, and requires me to validate it.

I'm afraid this is just another strange behaviour of OE (I don't want to call it bug :-)

In fact, it seems a security feature, as OE under some circumstances executes <script>-Tags in text/plain mails, so text/plain is not harmless :-(

Although this doesn't protect one from getting javascript executed in text/plain messages without MIME :-)

You can try to file a bug report to Microsoft...

markus,
who just remembered that you should never type "BEGIN  SOMETHING" as first line of your message when OE users want to read it...
--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)