A little amusing Python program

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Thu Oct 4 15:38:07 EDT 2001

What a clever little program.  I have felt for a long
time that a program that passes the Turing test will
use the web as a corpus of data.

Microsoft showed a similar program at the IJCAI that
would answer questions.  It answered some questions
like "What is A.I." and "Who made the movie A.I.", but
when asked "Who is Bill Gates married to" it's reply
was "I'm not sure, either Malinda French or Microsoft"

Another program shown at an AI conference was a
document classifier.  To determine which folder to add
the document to, it simply compare the size of the
tarred folders before and after adding the document.
Of all the AI programs used for document sorting it
came closest to a human sorter.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys