Sockets

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Oct 10 23:05:30 EDT 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:47:47 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Hugo Martires wrote:

>> My server need to send 2 strings separeted:
[...]
>> The problem is that the Client received s1 and s2 in one only string.
>>
>> How can i received in 2 separeted variables ?
>
>I note the other answers, and still feel the need to point out two
>things.
>
>1. When asking questions of this sort, it is *always* advisable
>   to post sample code showing what you are trying to do.
>   If you don't, the answers are just guesses (maybe educated ones,
>   but still guesses).
>
>2. Assuming you are opening a socket between the two programs,

Another unstated assumption is that he's opening a _TCP_ socket
since the problem he's reporting is common among TCP beginners.
However, "socket" != "TCP", so it is (like the man said) an
educated guess.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If I felt any more
                                  at               SOPHISTICATED I would DIE