get uniform binary data into array for further processing

chr_w at gmx.de chr_w at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 06:19:18 EDT 2001

Hey, thanx for the quick response Paul :-)

Your suggestions sounds good (same idea I came up with).

But I really get confused with the coding of this...
I should be fairly simple using the fromfile thingy of array but I just
can't figure how to use it properly... :-( Would you mind to give me a 3/5line
hint on this?
How is this module used ???

I have to admit that I#m not too familiar with python (just starting...

The performance issue:
well I'm stuck with a 32bit intel machine... but the data is coming from a
SGI of our climate guys. Maybe I can just do the transformation block by block
to keep the memory consumption on the ground. Actually the main purpose is
to reduce the amount of data. For instance create the mean temperature for a
day out of the half-hour-temperaturevalues in the input-file etc. and write to
a ascii file in a specified format (which serves as the input for another
model).

Thanx a lot!
christian

http://www.gmx.net