Returning a dict with PySOAP

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Mon Oct 29 17:32:50 EST 2001

Hi,
  I'm using PySOAP on AvtiveState Python 2.1
I have a problem; when a function on the server process returns a
dictionary, the client can access the various values in the normal fashion
(ie val = d['keystring'] etc) - however the when I do d.keys() I get an
error:

TypeError: object of type 'string' is not callable

But since I can acess the values as a dictionary, should'nt keys() work?
How can I get around it?

TIA

Rajarshi Guha                  | email: rajarshi at presidency.com
152 Davey Laboratory           | web  : www.rajarshi.outputto.com
Department of Chemistry        | ICQ  : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University  | AIM  : LoverOfPanda
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6  1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
Public Key     : http://pgp.mit.edu/