SQL/Python question -- slow... What is the fixed cost?

Leonardo B Lopes leo at iems.nwu.edu
Fri Oct 5 16:17:45 EDT 2001

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> MySQL is pretty good at keeping the relevant data in memory, so there
> shouldn't be much if any gain that way.

	That is what I thought too, which is why I figured I could rely on it
for this job. I might still be able to. But the crux of the problem is
that the profiler after all is NOT measuring the time being used by the
mysql process. A good explanation with source snippets has been provided
by Skip. See another posting on this thread...

Leonardo B. Lopes                                      leo at iems.nwu.edu
Ph.D. Student                                             (847)491-8470
IEMS - Northwestern University             http://www.iems.nwu.edu/~leo