Tk and focusing windows

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Fri Oct 26 16:08:20 EDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:52:34 GMT, Graham Ashton <graz at mindless.com>
wrote:

Dear Graham,

>Thanks very much for the example - I'll have a play around with that now
>and see if I can get it to work for me.

You're most welcome.

>> Of course, once you've got the right incantation for your window
>> manager, there's no guarantee that another window manager will do
>> just the same thing in response to the same requests.

>That's more than a bit depressing. I think I'm going to be looking at
>GTK pretty soon. Thanks again...

GTK may be handier in any number of ways (I haven't used it myself)
but just to cheer you up <wink>: the problem of recalcitrant and
uncooperative window managers isn't limited to Tkinter or Python.  I
generally think of a request to a window manager as being roughly
equivalent to a request made to a stranger on the street.

Regards,
Matt