Will Ware alive? (was Re: where lives uthread (microthreads) now ??)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Mon Oct 15 02:08:35 EDT 2001

Will, my latest version of uthreads (uthread9.py) is included with the
latest Stackless versions as "uthread.py".  I quit my job almost 4 months
ago (egads! has it been that long?), and finished work on my micro-threading
distributed virtual reality system a while before that, so I haven't even
played with uthreads for almost half a year (not much call in graphics
land).

I'd like to try the C-switched ones when they arrive (Guido?  Chris?) and
build a decent network server architecture out of them (they are, by far,
the nicest way I've encountered to write network code).  Not a high priority
for me though, as I'm focussing on my real career instead of the programming
hobby.

If, for some reason, you want to link to my version on my site (sorry for
the outdated page, haven't done much with the web-site):

http://members.home.com/mcfletch/programming/

But I'd suggest just letting people get it from the latest Stackless
distributions.

http://www.stackless.com/

Oh, and my email is now: mcfletch at home.com or mcfletch at geocities.com what
with leaving Tpresence.