Octonians in Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Oct 6 14:12:09 EDT 2001

David Feustel wrote:

> There is one additional system of complex numbers
> (octonians) beyond quaternions. Are there any
> python implementations of octonians?

I recall there being a Python module that supported geometric algebras,
in which quaternions and octonions (not octonians) are pretty easily
emulated, and not in a way that defeats their purpose (like matrices).
I know that it was posted to comp.lang.python some months or years ago;
a Google Groups search would probably turn it up.

/  \ A wise man never loses anything if he have himself.
\__/ Montaigne
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.