Python and VisualC++ debug mode

Adrian Leu AdrianLeu at kelseus.com
Fri Oct 26 06:22:38 EDT 2001

Hi ! I am relatively new to Python. I am using VC 6.0 and W2K to write
a small Python interface for a C++ project. I am encountering problems
with the "debug" version (the "release" version is working fine).

I have build the debug version for Python2.0 and have the
python20_d.dll in the WINNT\system32 folder (where the release version
python20.dll is too) and python20_d.lib libraries in
Python_current_directory\libs (together with all the other debug
libraries created during the python build). I have written a small
module in Python that imports sys, re and string modules. In my main
C++  file (an .exe) that I am using for testing purposes, I import
this module and call one of its methods to output something. However,
although this works fine in "release" it exits with
"The thread 0x3C8 has exited with code 0 (0x0)"
error in "debug".

What am I doing wrong?

As a second part of the question, where can I find the source code for
the win32 python modules/libraries (win32ui etc)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Adrian.