[OsX] Tkinter compile prob.

Andreas Schoeller A.Schoeller at web.de
Thu Oct 18 07:17:01 EDT 2001

Hello group,

I updated OsX and developer Tools to latest V10.1 Now I compiled and
installed tcl8.4.a / tk8.4.a and python 2.2. Then I prepared /Modules/Setup
file with the correct paths to tcl/tk and X11 headers and libs. The
following ´make´ brings this result :

libtool -o Python.framework/Versions/2.2/Python -dynamic  libpython2.2.a \
      -framework System -lcc_dynamic -arch_only ppc -flat_namespace -U
_environ -framework Carbon -framework Foundation -install_name
Python.framework/Versions/2.2/Python -compatibility_version 2.2
-current_version 2.2
ld: Undefined symbols:
_TclFreeObj
_Tcl_AddErrorInfo
<.snip.>
... a lot more tcl/tk symbols ...
<.snip.>
_Tcl_Init
_Tk_Init
_Tk_MainWindow
libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [Python.framework/Versions/2.2/Python] Error 1

I configured python with --enable-framework and --with-suffix=.exe as
recommended by the README file.
I also tried earlier versions python 2.1 amd tcl8.3.3/tk8.3 with no better
results. I also tried ´fink´.
I need to work with IDLE so pls help me if you can.

I read about a Aqua-Version of Tk/Wish. Is it possible to build the
python-TKinter module against this distributon ?

thx, andreas