None

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Oct 29 22:08:32 EST 2001

Werner Schiendl wrote:

> Assigning to None, however, seems more likely to happen e. g. if someone
> tries to drop some unwanted return values there:
>
> a, None, b = function1()

I don't really understand what leads people to do
that. I mean, in C you wouldn't think to write

  NULL = printf("Hi!\n");

to discard the result of something, would you?

In other words, if even if someone is under the
misapprehension that None is a constant, that
doesn't explain why they should think they can
assign to it.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg