What to do: COM server runaway.

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at philips.com
Tue Oct 9 10:30:28 EDT 2001

I try to automate the production of eps images, using Visio 5.0C and
Python 2.1.1 from Activestate. Some (very trivial) diagrams bring Visio
in a 100% CPU utilization/not responding state. I tried to use the
Export function, which works well for some files and not at all with
others.

Are there known causes for this type of COM mis behavior?

After killing the runaway Visio application, the errormessage from my
exception handler is that there is insufficient memory.

Any suggestions?
Gerrit Muller                Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Building:   WDC 2 - 007              Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 27 45242               5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 27 45033               The Netherlands
mailto:gerrit.muller at philips.com
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/index.html