ODBC access via Python

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Oct 10 17:30:04 EDT 2001

"vm_usenet" <vm_usenet at yahoo.com> wrote ...
> Hi all!
>
> I have recently become a die-hard Python fan, but I can't seem to
> overcome a minor obstacle:
>
> Can anyone direct me to a good ODBC module/library for python under
> win32?
>
> I've tried to install mxODBC, but it doesn't work for some reason...

Are you running Cygwin? Did you use the binary installer or build mxODBC
from source? Is it for the correct version of Python (C extensions are
version-specific)?

In my experience there isn't a better ODBC module, so it would be more
fruitful to debug its failure to install than to seek for another package.
In the interim, have you tried the odbc module that comes with Mark
Hammond's win32 extensions?

regards
 STeve
--