error in the DDE conversation with Pythonwin

Steve Canfield stevecanfield at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 9 21:00:53 EDT 2001

When I try to start Pythonwin on my machine (Athlon 800), I get the
following error box:
  Python for Win32
  There was an error in the DDE conversation with Pythonwin
I click on okay and it seems to finish loading okay.
I'm running:
PythonWin 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32.
under Windows Me.

If I bring up my task list, Pythonwin is listed more than one time.  I
think this is because the first instance never starts up.  I have a
desktop icon to Pythonwin and I generally have to click on it a couple
of times before Pythonwin will start up (giving plenty of time between
startup attempts).

Any ideas what the problem could be?  I searched for this error
message on Google and didn't get any hits.

-steve