PythonWin 2.1 saving bugg???

Tim Gahnström /Bladerman tim at bladerman.com
Tue Oct 30 19:44:19 EST 2001

Please please please, PythonWin 2.1 have eaten my Python program, does
anyone have a suggestion about where to find it?

Is there a bug  in the saving of files in PythonWin 2.1 ?
I have used it for a long time without any troubles.
Today it really fucked up though.

I were in the testing phase of a program I had made (actually a lab report)
. When PythonWin 2.1 for some reason didnt want to save my file again. I
tried saving it under a different name but it didnt work either, it just
ended up with a text saying
saving...
in the bottom grey field.
I had just done minor changes since last save so I didnt really consider it
a big problem. But after (abruptly and with scandisk...)  having restarted
the computer I came back and found that my program wasn't ther at all!
anymore.
Just the compiled file. The textfile seemed pretty much deleted :-(

Anyone heard about such a problem before or have any suggestion about what
to do?
It is a problem so ofcourse it should have been submited yesterday... so I
really f***king dont look forward to do the whole thing over from start!
is there some kind of autosaving or similar?
When MS office fucks up it usually starts with a "rescued" version of the
endangered dokument.

I use w2k is there possibly anyting to do except revriting?
Does scandisk store stuf somwhere that it might have found or tried to
recover?
I have tried to search for files containging textfragments from the file
with no luck. Is there a program that serch the harddrive for files that
maybe just have lost the pointer to them?

Tim Gahnström