Nicer Tkinter on UNIX?

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Thu Oct 4 16:23:22 EDT 2001

Artur Skura wrote:

> I fully appreciate and share your opinion, but I have to write something
> for folks who are completely clueless. I don't think they will be able to
> install additional libraries.

you need to give them your code, and you need to make sure they have
Python installed, and it's the correct version, etc. Making the
additional libraries they need part of what you give them is nothing
extra fro them to do. Check out py2exe (for windows) or McMillian's
Installer (for Windows and *nix) for ways to make this easy.

Also, the ActiveState distribution of Python has a package installer
that makes it very easy to add extra packages, I don 'tknow what they
have included at the moment, but wxPython was on their todo list a
couple of months ago.

All that being said, a "Complete Python" distibution with both batteries
and accessories included would be a great thing. I am trying to get some
support together to build such a thihng, but havn't gotten much help
yet. If anyone wants to help, let me know.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,
Ph.D.