Python COM for Microsoft Project

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 16 13:48:21 EDT 2001

A Google search (have you seen www.google.com ?) for

    microsoft project object model

should give you plenty of details about the API, which is usually where one
needs information in starting to drive a new application via COM. In
particular,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpom/html/pjtocobjectmodelapplicati
on.asp?frame=true

looks useful.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/

"Mike Brenner" <mikeb at mitre.org> wrote in message
> Has anyone played with Python to control Microsoft Project?
>
> It is, of course, easy to open a MP file:
>
> from win32com.client import Dispatch
> mpApp = Dispatch("MSProject.Application")
> mpApp.Visible = 1
> mpApp.FileOpen ("C:\Documents and Settings\projectA.mpp")
> # Warning: works only with absolute file names.
>

> For the next line of code, I would like to resave the file as a
tab-delimited file for further processing in Python. Actually, I will build
a robot that opens all the MP files and resaves them.

> - Is there a URI to download the objects and methods that are now
available?

> - Or is the list of objects somehow hidden inside my Visual Studio or my
Microsoft Developer CDs?

> - Or do I need to buy Visual Basic for Applications or some other
application to gain access to the objects?

> - Is there an upgrade to the COM object browser that comes with Python for
Windows?