Smtplib module

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Oct 22 16:21:41 EDT 2001

On 22 Oct 2001 15:05:00 -0400, David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <u1yjvwl5v.fsf at ctwd0143.fitlinxx.com>:

:Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> writes:
:
:> Do an MX record look up on the domain name in the email address, and
:> deliver directly to that SMTP server.
:
:Even that won't guarantee you know about the status of final delivery,
:since the published MX record may well just point to the entry point
:into a larger delivery system that can cross any number of additional
:machines.

You're not the first to discuss what the final delivery status of the
email was. It is curious to me, since I never discussed that topic, nor
did the original poster ask about the final delivery status. He asked
about whether it was accepting for delivery.

Is this some obsession, or is it some FAQ such that people jump to that
assumption?

Just curious.

--
Sheila King