MS Excel 'Comment' Interface

L3m Ni$cAt3 d_blade8 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:41:56 EST 2001

Hi all?  I've been piecing together a Python prog to use at work for the
past few weeks (to speed up some of my time-consuming 'find on the web then
plug into Excel" busy-work).  The kind of prog that needs new features added
to it every other day or so.  So far it has gone pretty well, except I have
seemed to have reached a sticking point.  I would like to be able to enter
MS Excel "Comments" (you know, right-click, then insert comment; it differs
from whatever is actually in the cell).  I can't seem to figure it out.
I've looked through all the win32all documentation and I think I just don't
know what kind of interface to look for.  Dispatch lets me read and write to
specific columns and all that, but I just can't seem to find what I need.
If you know how, could you just show me with a simple example, my actual
comments are going to come from various sources (net, files, generated by
the python prog itself) and I figure all that out easily enough, I just need
some kind of starting point.  Thanks, I appreciate it.