Python and 3D Graphic tools

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Thu Oct 18 13:56:36 EDT 2001

You could try OpenGLContext + PyOpenGL.  There are classes in OpenGLContext
that let you load (arbitrary) array-based geometry (similar in complexity to
what you see in a VRML IndexedFaceSet).  There's no code to deal with the
stacking/interference/locking, but presenting the geometry would certainly
work.  There's basic code to setting up callbacks for each block/object (so
you can tell the game where you want to stack your block).

Another option would be to use PyGame and 2D tiles/bitmaps.  You'd still
have to write the same interference/interaction logic, but the graphics
would be fairly straightforward.

Either approach should work.  Good luck,
Mike