Python, XML, and databases

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Wed Oct 10 09:36:21 EDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:07:56AM -0500, adina_levin at mindspring.com wrote:
> Is there a Python tool to exchange data between a relational database and
> XML?
>
> I've looked at python.org, searched the archive of this list and xml.com,
> looked in the mysql documentation, no luck yet. Pointers welcome, hopefully
> I've missed something.

I haven't yet seen anything convincing for Python :-( I mean something
like Castor for Java, which is a complete solution for XML <-> DB.

The only link I have is http://members.home.net/slhath/downloads.html
but I haven't tried that yet. It seems to create XML from SQL queries
only.

You could check out if you can produce what you want with 4Suite (might
be possible out of the box, too). It contains libraries for xml, xslt,
xpointer, xlink, rdf and an object-realational mapper.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0