Python is better than free (was Re: GNU wars again)

Lee Morgan unknown at lee-morgan.net
Wed Oct 3 01:39:30 EDT 2001

Cliff Wells <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> writes:

> Actually, unless you were embedding Python in your app I don't think this is
> true, since _your_ source would not in fact contain any GPL'd code.
> Additionally, I expect the Python libraries would fall under LGPL so using
> them would not "infect" your code.

This may be off topic but what does it mean to release a python module/package
under LGPL?

An import is not a linking ... so does it mean I can't use it in a commercial
product? I'd like to think I could use it if I released any changes I made to
the module/package - but I don't think thats the case.

(Commercial as in closed source)

--
Lee Morgan