PythonWin ASP performance

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Oct 18 16:18:43 EDT 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it, ASP forces the
> Python interpreter to treat each distinct code block as standalone, so you
> can't terminate a code block halfway through and then restart code at the
> same indentation level. "Icky" is right. But you can make it work, and many
> have.

To solve this I normally just make the entire ASP page a Python script
(I don't use <%/%> blocks individually, but just bracket the whole
thing.

In most cases I still build up a string or list of strings for
eventual output, but then I just use a Response.write to send it at
the end.

Of course, the wish to separate presentation from logic is where many
of the auxiliary packages (Webware, Quixote and so on) can help out
for larger projects.

--
-- David