Problems with Tk in Python

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westgeo.com
Thu Oct 18 09:52:07 EDT 2001

Denis wrote:

> Problems with Tkinter and _tkinter:
>
> I have installed Python 2.1.1 and Tcl/tk 8.3 into my directory (sun
> solaris).  Python seems to work fine after a bit of tuning , but when I
> tried to import "Tkinter" (The GUI module in Python), it has come out
> the following error messages:

-- snip --

Denis I allways add this to the Setup file in Modules before building Python
you will have to look at the man pages for ld - cause I can't remember what
it does....  I think it adds /usr/local/lib to the 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' at run
time, so you don't have to.

# *** Always uncomment this (leave the leading underscore in!):
 _tkinter _tkinter.c tkappinit.c -DWITH_APPINIT \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk libraries are:
        -R/usr/local/lib \
        -L/usr/local/lib \

Cheers
Martin