Assignment not the same as defining?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOSPAMco.uk
Wed Oct 3 10:08:23 EDT 2001

Thanks for all that.

The problem has always been one of initialisation.

getattr and setattr were both being called during the initialisation
assignments which were needed to establish their working environment.
The first time they get called they weren't able to function properly.
I really wanted to avoid initialisation flags.

I've got around the problem by assigning to self. __dict__ for the
first assignment and thats a reasonable solution.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd