Dictionary from list?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Oct 23 01:10:31 EDT 2001

[Andrew Dalke]
> Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'm one of those anchors trying to slow
> the development of new core features in Python.  (New libraries
> is a different thing.)  If dictionary(list) stays an error you
> won't hear any complaints about me.

I appreciate that.  However, the builtin dictionary() cow has already
escaped the 2.2 barn, so the question now is whether we let it roam the
Python pasture with two broken legs, or put a spiffy sequence saddle on it
so you can gallop on it in comfort into the mooooonlight.

> But I'm also one of those people who likes details -- (forest?
> tree?  I like the BARK! :)

grow-up-it's-a-cow-not-a-dog-ly y'rs  - tim