win32popenWin9x.exe and w9xpopen.exe on win95

GregHolmes at aol.com GregHolmes at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 15:14:06 EDT 2001

When I try to use win32pipe.popen() with Python 2.1 on Win95, it works, but the floppy drive grinds!  What on earth is happening there?

os.popen doesn't work at all; I've tried setting PYTHONHOME, copying w9xpopen.exe all over the place, etc., but I still get the error:

PythonHandler mod_python.publisher: RuntimeError: Can not locate 'w9xpopen.exe' which is needed for popen to work on this platform.

Anyone experienced either of these?  Is there a solution?