Python embedding & question about autoconf and dynamic linking

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at challenge.dk
Mon Oct 1 08:06:05 EDT 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Olivier Deme wrote:

> Yes, I found that web site last week.
> The reason for us to do embedding rather than extending is that our main
> applciation is written in C (would you write a router in Python?...)

No I wouldn't.

I am writing a game. I suppose it _could_ be written in Python, but none
of the engine developers really know Python - it just seemed like a nice
language to extend our game with, for controlling scriptable stuff and
such. (The alternatives beeing tcl, guile or perl).

Mads

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at challenge.dk
UNIX always presumes you know what you're doing. You're the human being,
after all, and it is a mere operating system.