PythonWin 2.1 saving bugg???

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Oct 31 17:16:42 EST 2001

"Tim Gahnström /Bladerman" <tim at bladerman.com> wrote in
news:QTYD7.3703$Z_1.643403 at newsc.telia.net:
> "Chris Liechti" <cliechti at gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet
>> i had some troubles with non-english characters like "umlaut"/äöü. at
>> least in older vestions of pythonwin deleting such a character did't
>> deleted the character attribute. in this state pythonwin refused to
>> save the file until i deleted that character too.
>>
>> these problems _are_ fixed in PyWin 2.1 but maybe there is still a
>> small bug left.
>
> The name of the file was  interp.py and I had saved it a gzillion times
> before so I dont think hta was teh problem.

the problem were characters in the editor window, filename is irrelevant.
maybe you have pasted some code from the webrowser or an other program in
your source and that bit of code included such a character that pythonwin
doesn't like.

but as your code is away, anyway it doesn't matters now... but i had that
problem several times and lost some code too (with older pywin releases).

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>