Python is better than free (was Re: GNU wars again)

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 4 18:03:00 EDT 2001

"Joshua Macy" <l0819m0v0smfm001 at sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:3BBABE1C.5010108 at sneakemail.com...

> Joshua Macy wrote:
>

> >   Even though I've released some of my Python work under the GPL, I'm
> > coming around to Tim Peter's way of thinking: just release things into
> > the public domain and have done with it.
>

>    D'oh!  Apostrophe error. Tim Peters' way of thinking.

Well, actually, according to The Elements of Style by Strunk & White,
it should be

  Tim Peters's way of thinking

("Peters'" is a plural possessive, I think :)

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick