Write and read objects from files .

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Oct 27 15:49:48 EDT 2001

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> > 2. Is there a class or function that provides mechanism to check an
> > e-mail address ?
>
> You mean a way to verify if a string is a valid email-address? There is
> no such function in the Python standard library. But I'm sure there are
> several implementations out there.

on the other hand:

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/perlfaq9.html#How-do-I-check-a-valid-mail-address-

    Q. How do I check a valid mail address?

    A. You can't, at least, not in real time. Bummer, eh?

    Without sending mail to the address and seeing whether
    there's a human on the other hand to answer you, you
    cannot determine whether a mail address is valid.

</F>