programming unlimited "categories" in python ?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Tue Oct 23 11:00:30 EDT 2001

On 23 Oct 2001, Stephen wrote:

> Thank you for the advice, Terry.  Sorry if I'm being obstinate,
> but I think the problem is a little less simplistic than it first
> appears. Let's look at the everyday addressbook in Act! or
> Outlook ? How would you create unlimited levels of categorisation
> and unlimited numbers of subcategories ?

I haven't been reading this completely, but this sounds an awful lot
like what yahoo does...

I have an object called Node that does this.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zike/zikebase/Node.py?rev=1.14&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

probably needs a cleanup, but that's the general idea.

Cheers,

- Michal