tlbinf32.dll and win32com

Mark_Pryor erlangen72 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:03:34 EDT 2001

Hi,

I looked through the list archive and found one message about
tlbinf32.dll. They gave up and wrote some middleware DLL that
win32com Python easily handled.

I tried one additional step using a registry hack that added the
typelib key to the clsid keys that I wanted to create. This got me
past the object not found error but I still get this:

<pywin error>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python21\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 94, in Dispatch
    dispatch, userName = dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
  File "D:\Python21\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 81, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
    return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
  File "D:\Python21\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 72, in _GetGoodDispatch
    IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx, pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
com_error: (-2147467262, 'No such interface supported', None, None)
</pywin error>

Ok, so now I am going the middleware route also, unless someone has
a better idea.

tia,
Mark Pryor
pgp KeyID: 0x1A966EC5