problem with pirxx

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Tue Oct 23 08:49:47 EDT 2001

"Markus Jais" <mjais at web.de> wrote in message news:<pan.2001.10.22.15.28.23.449.864 at web.de>...
> hello,
> I installed the latest version of pirxx on my Suse 7.1 with python 2.1
> when I call the testscript I get the following error:
>
> $ python test.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test.py", line 15, in ?
>     from pirxx import _pirxx
> ImportError: shared object not open
>
> I am quite new to python and have never seen such an error.
> can anybody help??

I don't think I've ever seen that exact error, but I would suspect
that your dynamic linker can't find the _pirxx.so or _pirxxmodule.so
shared library. I'm about to check out pirxx in the next few days, so
I might be able to comment further once I've installed it.

However, you should make sure that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable includes the directory where such a shared library can be
found, or that your linker's configuration is set up for that
directory; at this point, it becomes more of a Linux configuration
issue, really.

Paul