Problems With ColourSelect Box Inside A wxDialog

William Wonneberger wberger at ccil.org
Wed Oct 10 10:26:07 EDT 2001

On Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:44:32 -0000, Robert Amesz
<reqhye72zux at mailexpire.com> wrote:

Hi, Robert;

Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem.

>> I'm trying to add a wxPython ColourSelect control to a wxDialog box
>> inside a Python script I've been working on.  To instantiate the
>> ColourSelect control, I've added the following statement to my
>> Python script;
>>
>> self.colorselect = ColourSelect(self, wxPoint(70, 200), [0, 0,
>> 110], wxDefaultSize)

I restored the original version of the ColourSelect.py module, and
called the statement as specified above, and still the ColourSelect
control was not displayed inside the dialog box.

>That isn't much context to work on. There are a number of "psychic
>debuggers" in this ng, but I'm not one of them.

Sorry 'bout that.  The following is the Python class for my dialog
box;

class wxPlotterSettingsDialog(wxDialog):
    def __init__(self, parent):
        wxDialog.__init__(self, parent, -1, "wxPlotter Settings",
wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(350, 200))
        self.static = wxStaticText(self, -1, "Number of points to
draw: ", wxPoint(70, 22))
        self.linesSpin = wxSpinCtrl(self, 20, "", wxPoint(200, 20),
wxSize(55, 20))
        self.linesSpin.SetRange(1, 360)
        self.linesSpin.SetValue(parent.lineCount)
        self.static = wxStaticText(self, -1, "Line Color: ",
wxPoint(70, 50))
        # self.colorselect = ColourSelect(self, wxPoint(70, 200), [0,
0, 110], wxDefaultSize)
        self.colorselect = ColourSelect(self, -1, [0, 0, 110],
wxPoint(70, 200), wxDefaultSize)

        self.static = wxStaticText(self, -1, "Background Color: ",
wxPoint(70, 75))
        self.static = wxStaticText(self, -1, "Line Ending: ",
wxPoint(70, 102))
        self.lineEnding1 = wxRadioButton(self, 25, "Rectangle", (140,
100))
        self.lineEnding2 = wxRadioButton(self, 26, "Circle", (215,
100))
        self.lineEnding3 = wxRadioButton(self, 27, "None", (270, 100))

        self.button = wxButton(self, wxID_OK, " OK ", wxPoint(95,
140), wxDefaultSize).SetDefault()
        self.button = wxButton(self, wxID_CANCEL, " Cancel ",
wxPoint(175, 140), wxDefaultSize)

        EVT_BUTTON(self, 2001, self.OnOK)
        EVT_SPIN(self, 2002, self.OnPointsSpin)

    def OnOK(self, event):
        self.wnd.Stop()
        self.EndModal(wxID_OK)

    def OnPointsSpin(self, event):
        print "Spin control selected."

    def GetLines(self):
        return self.linesSpin.GetValue()

    def GetLineEnding(self):
        print "lineEnding1 = ", self.lineEnding1.GetValue()
        print "lineEnding2 = ", self.lineEnding2.GetValue()
        print "lineEnding3 = ", self.lineEnding3.GetValue()
        return 0

Any other insights you may have on this problem would be greatly
appreciated...

Bill Wonneberger
wberger at ccil.org