conditional expressions (RE: Loop-and-a-half (Re: Curious assignment behaviour))

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 09:55:30 EDT 2001

For several of the reasons posted in reply to this, I don't rate this
idea very highly - as it stands, at least. Although, something of this
type would be an advantage.

As it stands, it's too verbose, the mandatory parenthasese are an ugly
cludge and the requirement for the 'then' in what is supposed to be a
shorthand is unnatural.

I favour the suggestion of the one-liner - if the parse can cope with
it:

a = if e: b else c:

But I can't see how this helps with the loop and a half problem, as
I've mentioned in a new thread.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd