Nicer Tkinter on UNIX?

Mark Berry pengo243 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 07:24:48 EDT 2001

If you are looking for a very good looking interface on unix, you
should go over to www.thekompany.com and take a look at the python
bindings for QT.  I spent one late evening playing with the QT
interface designer.  After understanding how to setup my own
callbacks, etc I was able to write simple applications in minutes.

It's actually not too far off from Tkinter in code implimentation and
looks fantastic, at least as good as any QT based application.

The only thing I am not sure about is the cross-platform usefulness.
I don't think you will be Tkinter in this.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you find what works best for you! :)