Pymacs 0.11

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Wed Oct 17 18:45:11 EDT 2001

François Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> [Carel Fellinger]

>> François Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> >         interactions[hello_world] = ''

>> why not use function attributes, like:

>>           hello_world.lisp_interaction = ''

> Are these available in Python 1.5.2, say?  I wants Pymacs to be reasonably
> portable.

You're right. I'm so happy with the generator stuff, that I forgot that
many still have to do with 1.5.2.  So the fall back method should be yours.
But maby it's possible--in anticipation of a wider usage of more modern
Pythons--to check first for such a function attribute, like:

    try:
       interaction = fun.lisp_interaction
    except NameError:
       interaction = interactions[fun]