python binary search

Jeff Dunnett jdunnett at uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 30 08:26:25 EST 2001

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Jeffrey Dunnett wrote:
> >
> > A.J. Rossini (rossini at blindglobe.net) wrote:
> > : Too bad you aren't designing Phase I vaccine trials; dose typos are a
> > : killer, there... :-).
>
> > That typo was on purpose.  However I think we are starting to kill each
> > other with the type O  puns.
> >
> > Also to the person who asked if the course I am taking involving Python
> > was taught by Prof. Stefan Kremer why do you ask?  Do you know him?  I
> > did have him for my first year C Programming course.
>
> Friend from high school.  I saw him again in the early summer and
> asked specifically if U. Moo (**) was still teaching Java to the
> newbies, or whether they might consider Python as a much more suitable
> language.  I believe he didn't recognize the name, but indicated
> it sounded interesting and he'd look into it.  I just thought it
> would be neat if I were responsible for getting it in the door,
> but it seems more likely others had already thought of it.
> (Although I wonder for how long it's been taught there.)

Actually the Moo U is still teaching Java to the newbies partially be demand
of the other departments who insist on giving us their first year students
for a programming course.  Prof.  Kremer is one of the people who pushed for
Python to be added.  Apparently from what I have heard he is a steady
preacher of Python.  I think it was only in introduced last year or the year
before.

> > BTW - This newsgroup is slighly friendly to people then comp.lang.c
>
> We may be friendly in a sly way, but we've never been even
> slightly slighly friendly. :-)
>
> ** U. Moo, for those cowering in the other, sillier part of this
> thread, is a nickname for the University of Guelph, a highly
> agriculturally focused school.  (On a side-note, the story is
> that to get to Guelph, you "drive west till you smell it,
> and north till you step in it." <0.9 wink> )

I'll have you know that Computer Science is now the largest major on campus
at Guelph.  Although with the Ontario Vet College the campus can have a
distinctive odor.

Jeff