PythonWin ASP performance

Angel Faus afaus at corp.vlex.com
Wed Oct 17 11:19:45 EDT 2001

Hi to all,

I work in a project that has already a significative investment in ASP
(vbScript) and COM development.

We are already using Python in some parts of the development and we
love it.

But current Python+ASP development has ocurrend in backend tools that
support a moderate level of traffic. We are afraid that using Python
instead of vbScript in "key" parts of the site (that support >70% of
our traffic, and our total traffic is not small) could be bad for
perfomance.

So de question is: ¿is Python slower than vBscript in ASP?
and more important: ¿does Python+ASP scale well, or does it generate
nasty conditions when used intensively?

and finally: ¿is it mixing Python and vBscript in the same page slower
or more problematic than just using Python?

Thanks in advance,

-angel