Apologise (was: Re: IF STATEMENTS)

Markus Schaber use-net at schabi.de
Tue Oct 23 17:25:49 EDT 2001

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:29:03 +0100, Martin Armstrong
<martin at tactilis.co.uk> wrote:

> >In my eyes, they look conform to the standards, and the first part
> >with type text/plain is the content.
>
> There is nothing wrong with the message that you *sent* .
>
> However, there is a problem with it when it gets to Usenet on
> comp.lang.python if you post via mail.python.org.
>
> The headers of the message you sent has:

>  boundary="=.':S84?'b+rS._7"
>
> But when it got to c.l.py the header had been changed to:

>  boundary="=.': S84?'b+rS._7"
>
> (see the space after the colon in the boundary string)

That's strange, as I think I posted the message to the news group, and my server contains the message with the following Headers:

There seems to be no colon in the delimiter. So the conversion seems to be appeared somewhere between my news server and mailman.

> [Explanation of mailman bug]

Thanks, that was a really good explanation.

> [Markus]
> >Nevertheless, I won't send any signed messages here again, as long as
> >this issue is not resolved.
>
> Watch the c.l.py headers for a new version of Mailman being used and
> then try another signed message.

Thanks, I'll do this. But my and your messages don't have this header (so you seem to deliver per NNTP, too.), so I have to search a little to grab this header :-)

markus
--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)