How To compile Python without any module.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 13:23:06 EDT 2001

    dag> In fact i don't need the build in modules like sys.
    dag> So how could i built python with out the build in modules.
    dag> I want to use Python on 8Mo of Flash and 16Mo of RAM.

I'd be real surprised if Python worked very well without the sys module.
Still, you might be able to get away with just commenting it out of the
makefile.  It's one of the files listed in the PYTHON_OBJS make variable.

To get an idea of how central the sys module is to Python's operation,
notice that Include/sysmodule.h is #included by Include/Python.h, which is
#included by just about every C file in the distribution.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/