SVG and Python?

Per Kraulis per at sbc.su.se
Mon Oct 15 09:02:38 EDT 2001

Bernhard Herzog wrote:

> Janko Hauser <jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de> writes:
>
> > Look for sketch
> > http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > It can read and write SVG files, although I'm not sure if all things
> > of the spec are possible.
>
> Sketch's SVG support is quite incomplete, unfortunately. There are still
> some things missing that Sketch could handle and there are some that
> Sketch can't support properly yet such as transparancy.

Thanks for the info. I will have a closer look at Sketch. I do not need
a complete SVG implementation, so that's probably OK. However, the
architecture of the implementation is my main concern, since I would
like to include it in a software package I am working on. I'll check it
out.

Thanks!
Per K
Per J. Kraulis, Ph.D.                        per at sbc.su.se
Stockholm Bioinformatics Center (SBC)        http://www.sbc.su.se/~per/
SCFAB, Dept Biochem Biophys, Stockholm Univ  phone +46 (0)8 - 5537 8571
SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN                  fax   +46 (0)8 - 5537 8601