python development practices?

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed Oct 31 11:58:14 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, it was written:

[snip]
> this is a good approach.  the crux of the approach you outlined -
> using unit tests as the primary API documentation - is really the sort
> of answer i was looking for.  are there other, perhaps python-specific
> practices which have worked well?

I'd really like to hear what others have experienced in the way of
Python-specific practices. I don't think I have any that are truly
Python-specific, but many "good" practices are really supported,
encouraged, and enhanced by Python (unittests, simple and straightforward
code, trying new pieces of code out a little at a time instead of writing
a lot and throwing it all over the cliff, consistent style, constant
refactoring, platform neutrality, etc.).

-Dave