Loop-and-a-half (Re: Curious assignment behaviour)

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Fri Oct 12 18:08:12 EDT 2001

Michael Abbott writes:
> <Shrug> It's not pretty, but I'd rather worry about having a
> conditional expression (off topic; we've already beaten that to death
> and not quite managed a PEP out of it...)

Actually, that's not QUITE true.

I submitted a proposed PEP not long ago, and got a lot of comments.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any consensus begin to emerge, at least not
one that I could recognize. So I decided I should put it away for a
month or so, then come back with a fresh mind to create the version I
actually submitted. It's my theory (untested, of course) that this will
result in a better initial PEP and thus a better chance of acceptance.

Anyhow, it's almost been that month now, so I ought to get myself
together and get back to this. As before, if anyone else feels strongly
that they'd like to contribute (other than the excellent comments
several folks already made), they should email me.

hoping-that-less-speed-and-more-thinking-leads-to-a-better-design-ly yours,

-- Michael Chermside