a pure python mp3 player?

Andrei Kulakov sill at optonline.net
Sat Oct 13 06:30:56 EDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:56:16 +0100, G. Willoughby <thecalm at NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     do you know of any mp3 players that have been exclusively written in
> python, and not just a gui for the C coded 'mp123'?
>
> G. WIlloughby

Why exactly are you asking? If you want things like.. looking at the
frames so that you can make a graphic analyzer or something, you can plug
in mpeglib or xaudio (they have what looks like a nice python interface,
too).

I'm pretty sure there's no decoder written in python - I looked for one
extensively before writing Cymbaline.

 - Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org