Curious assignment behaviour

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Wed Oct 10 01:11:27 EDT 2001

[Tim]
> But that made it even uglier, and proponents got rarer while
> the opposition enjoyed a major resurgence in the polls <wink>.

[Martin von Loewis]
> Sounds like the report of an observing bystander :-)

It does, doesn't it?  One of my special skills.  Still, given the number of
times this debate has occurred over the years, I've actually taken part in
few of them.  In the rest, I argued both sides just to keep a finely honed
sense of outrage intact <wink>.

it's-not-a-trivial-language-issue-it's-a-matter-of-moral-urgence-ly
    y'rs  - tim