Getting started

Jive Dadson jdadson at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 2 22:18:23 EST 2001

Emile van Sebille wrote:

> If you're just getting started on windows, I'd suggest getting and
> installing the ActiveState distribution.  Much better OOB experience for
> newbies.  ;-)
>
> Once you've done that, you should be able to:
>
> D:
> cd 'my python hacking'
> python hacking.py
>
> HTH,

Actually, I've been a professional programmer for 30 years, and working
with Windows for 3.  I guess I'm becoming so Windowized that I forget
command line interfaces exist!  I suppose I could put the python
directory in the PATH and do what you say from a DOS prompt.  But isn't
there a way to change directories (cd) from the Python command line?  Or
something?

Thanks,
Jive