count in 'for ... in ...'

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Nov 6 13:32:46 EST 2001

Achim Domma wrote:

> Syntax is much cleaner, because it clearly says what I'm doing. So I
> asked
> myself : is there a way to get the internal count in 'for ...in' ?

Not without introducing subsidiary helper classes or complicating the
flow.

> Of
> course
> it would be the same as the first version, but in my opinion it would
> fit
> perfectly in the 'python-way' to say what one is doing.

In those cases, I do something much the same as you did in your first
example.

/  \ Laws are silent in time of war.
\__/ Cicero
    Esperanto reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.